Follow these steps in creating your simple hold harmless agreement:
1. Consult an attorney – This download is an only simple sample and you should consult an attorney for proper wording that fits your business.
2. Understand who you are. A hold harmless agreement is an indemnity agreement where risk is contractually transferred from one party to another. The party holding the risk is the
3. Understanding the transfer of risk. The agreement does not depend on the existence of insurance coverage. The party held liable will be liable whether there is insurance in force or not. If the hold harmless agreement can be enforced than the
4. Understand the 3 types of hold harmless agreements. There are three types of hold harmless agreements, each varying the amount of risk the Indemnitor holds: Broad Form, Intermediate, and Limited. In a broad form, which is not even legal in some states, the
5. Use initials– Make sure both parties initial off on important parts of the contract that need to be understood.
Take the time to consult a quality contract law attorney once and you will have a document that can be used for years to come. Please download our simple form below to give you an idea of how a simple hold harmless agreement reads.