- General liability insurance – Every business (even a home-based one!) needs liability insurance. This provides defense and damages if you, your employees, or your products are alleged to have caused injury to a third party.
- Property insurance – This is important if you own your building or have business personal property. This will protect you if there is fire, vandalism, theft, smoke damage, etc.
- Commercial auto insurance – This protects your company’s vehicles.
- Worker’s compensation – This provides insurance to employees who are injured on the job. As a business owner, it’s important to have this because it protects you and your company from legal complications.
- Umbrella insurance – You may want some additional coverage on top of the policies that you already have. Umbrella insurance is an extension to an already existing policy and covers beyond your current rate.
Have a question about insurance coverage for your small business? Farmer Brown is here to help!